Trash Disposal Information
Dear Oakwood residents,
NO DUMPING OF TRASH ANYWHERE!
- Use a trash can with a lid and recycle properly.
- Trash is pick up: Tuesday and Friday.
- Recycle: Monday.
Trash can & recycling container must be removed from the curb immediately after the trash or recycle is picked up. Trash cans should have lids, and be marked with your house numbers to ensure that they can be returned to you if blown away in high winds or otherwise mixed up during trash pickups.
BULK TRASH – Options:
- Take the bulk item(s) to the County’s Shady Grove facility located at 16101 Frederick Rd, Derwood, MD
- Contact Potomac Disposal via website for pick up
- Arrange for pick up by another bulk trash company.
It is the resident’s responsibility to dispose of bulk trash properly.
We do not want you to be fined by management or Montgomery County.
Please keep our community clean, healthy and safe. Thank you.
HOLIDAY TRASH SCHEDULE:
Veterans Day Holiday 2022
- Friday, November 11, 2022: Entire facility CLOSED.
Thanksgiving Day Holiday 2022
- Thursday, November 24, 2022: Entire Facility CLOSED.
Christmas Day Holiday Weekend 2022
- Sunday, December 25, 2022: Entire facility CLOSED.
- Monday, December 26, 2022 (Christmas Day Observed): County offices CLOSED. Transfer Station and Recycling Center OPEN.
New Year’s Day Holiday Weekend 2023
- Sunday, January 1, 2023: Entire facility CLOSED.
- Monday, January 2, 2023 (New Year’s Day Observed): County offices CLOSED. Transfer Station and Recycling Center OPEN.
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Holiday 2023
- Monday, January 16, 2023: Entire facility CLOSED.
Presidents Day Holiday 2023
- Monday, February 20, 2023: Transfer Station OPEN. You may drop off trash and recyclables.
- Monday, February 20, 2023: Recycling Center CLOSED. No tours are available this day.
Memorial Day Holiday 2023
- Monday, May 29, 2023: Entire Facility CLOSED.
Juneteenth Holiday 2023
- Monday, June 19, 2023: Entire facility CLOSED.
Independence Day Holiday 2023
- Tuesday, July 4, 2023. Entire facility CLOSED.
Labor Day Holiday 2023
- Monday, September 4, 2023: Entire Facility CLOSED.
The Oakwood Board meets on a regular basis. Homeowners can send an email to [email protected] to confirm if a meeting is scheduled.
2022 Oakwood Board of Directors:
Vice President: Mumin Barre
Treasurer: Ankur Ponda
Please send any questions or concerns that you may have by email to [email protected] or call 301-843-8111.
Email: [email protected]
Oakwood 2021 Budget
Looking for forms? Here are some frequently requested Oakwood forms:
Oakwood 2022 Annual Meeting Notice
Oakwood Architectural Guidelines
Oakwood Color Scheme
Oakwood – Trash Policy
Oakwood – Homeowner Information Packet 2017
Get a free PDF file viewer here